First Immanuel is currently involved in a discernment process. The goals of this process are to:
- know ourselves better, as a congregation,
- know our neighbors in the community better,
- discern God’s Will for our congregation, and
- develop a common vision for how to realize God’s Will for us.
Below are some useful links to learn more about the process and events associated with it.
We are using the process described in Discerning Your Congregation’s Future (1996) by Ray M. Oswald and Robert E. Friedrich, Jr. The process is summarized in this infographic.
- Leadership Retreat
- Ministry Assessment Small Group Meetings
- Large Group Meeting to Review Congregation History
- Large Group Meeting to Identify Norms
- Interviews with Key Community Members